Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Beginnings...



I realize that it has been some time since I have written anything on this blog.  It has been, I believe, for a reason.  Trying to figure out who you are as a person, a believer, a pastor, a writer, a photographer, a Christ follower takes time.  I believe that the transition from the Air Force world to the world of a Presbyterian pastor in a small town is very nearly complete.  As much as I enjoyed my time in the military and as ready as I was at the same time to leave, it wasn't an easy transition despite what I told myself.  It has been an incredible journey to this place in my life where I find myself now.  Of course, the culmination of this portion of the journey was Labor Day Weekend when I married my sweet and beautiful bride Denise.

So what now?  Ministry continues, only now we are both here in DeFuniak Springs and building our life together.  This includes a kitchen renovation and floor replacement in all of the house but the bedrooms and office space!  I am feeling a peace that I have not felt in a long time.  A peace and a contentment that can only come from God.  And we are both immersing ourselves into the partnership shared in ministry between a pastor and spouse.

My prayer is that my writings, photography shared, and musings will be a bit more focused on what God is saying in the silent moments and in the midst of the lively and noisy life we find ourselves in.  Who knows what God has in store, but we are ready to find out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment